This course is part of the Advanced Snow Management program, and is focused training for Sidewalk Operations, including:
- Recognizing how moisture and temperature affect sidewalk clearing strategies.
- Understanding the interdependence between snow plowing, sidewalk clearing, and ice management.
- Identify all pedestrian areas which need to be cleared of snow.
- Identify equipment used in sidewalk clearing and know how to prepare equipment.
- Be able to apply efficient and safe sidewalk clearing techniques.
- Interpret a site engineering plan as it relates to sidewalk clearing.
- Critical safety-related information tied to Public Access Routes, priority clearing areas, and more.
Pre-requisite: ASM Core Principles
Run Time: Self-guided course
Continuing Education: This course is worth 4 Certified Snow Professional (CSP) continuing education credits.
Copyright © 2022 Snow & Ice Management Association. All rights reserved.